From the system perspective a job is a top-level object which one or more positions may be associated with. An easy way to think about this is a job is the role/responsibility that needs to be filled, while a position would be the when/where/who.
Since a job must exist in order to create a position or interview this is a first and fundamental step of the process.
Creating a Job
- Navigate to the Jobs tab by clicking Manage in the left navigation menu bar.
- From the Jobs tab, click .
- Fill in the job title.
- Optional: Fill in the job description, tags, details and extras.
- All optional functions are useful for reporting or supplemental information for your ATS.
- Click .
- Your newly created job is now available in the job index.
- From the Jobs tab, click the name of a job in the table in order to view its details page.
- Once the job has been selected, click edit to edit the individual details.
- From this view you can also see any positions that are currently available for the selected job.
- Click Save to save your changes.